Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Healthier Me, Healthier Family: Week 3- Picking Up and Running With it

How did I do?
This week with everything crawling back into a normal schedule, and making sure I added yoga and walking everyday. I feel success. My Monday weigh in was 181 pounds. 30 Pounds to go for my first goal. Two pounds to loose this week to meet my beginning February goal. If I can keep this up, I will reach my goal for the end of the year in 15 weeks. I feel a small sense of success!

The Journey:
After last week's flop of eating and not exercising, I decided to be more committed to the plan. Also Morvin has decided to step in as my gentle trainer. He goes with me on walks to make sure I get the "full walk in." I am walking about 3/4 of a mile a day at this point, doing yoga 2 times a week. (I need to do it today) and trying to work in a boot camp or aerobic exercise at least once a week. Thank you NetFlix.

I have learned that if I do all of this I can still satisfy my sweet tooth in moderation. I have also boycotted making sweet tea and keeping around the house, because then I am the one to drink most of it.

Now, back to organization... I am still not organized, my brain is scattered and my kids pick up on it and knock me down when I am the most weak. On that note, I feel that I have too much on my plate, so I am going to start this week with organizing my tasks.

This Week's Goal:
Weight: See the 170's by loosing 2 pounds.

Exercise: Keep focused, 3 videos a week (2 yoga, 1 aerobic/strength) Continue to walk 3/4 a mile daily.

Food: Trying to have the big meal at the middle of the day, that way I am not going to bed with a heavy meal on my stomach.

Motto: Keep it simple, Don't make any task harder than it should be!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You can do it!

JAMR said...

I think you're doing great! Changing eating and exercise habits is really hard, but once you've established a new pattern, it becomes the new way of life. Great progress!