Monday, February 6, 2012

Healthier Me, Healthier Family: Week 4&5- Losing on the scales winning in life

How did I do?
The last two weeks have been blah weeks. Week 4 weigh in I did not loose, still at 181. This week's weigh in, I gained 2 pounds so I am back at 183. I ate right last week (except for date night) and I exercised more than ever.

The Journey:
So, I follow the plan and where does that get me, 2 pounds heavier and 4 pounds from where I wanted to be. Big old frowny face. But in my defense, last week was an emotional week. Kohl is not meeting his target weights either (0pposite problem though). So, I have had to change the schedule feedings and bottle supplements to cluster feedings and feeding on demand. The boy has a high metabolism!

Another change was the big meal in the middle of the day. Although this may work for some I found myself eating 2 big meals a day and never really making the transition. Does this mean I packed on the calories?

Along with that, we are starting to feel the pinch of a 1 income family, and a child hitting puberty. Not a very emotionally fit week. The week before, I think my give a crap broke, so I was just going through the motions.

Lessons learned over the last 2 weeks were, if you want it to happen you have to give a crap, and it is as much of an emotional journey as it is a getting healthy physically.

This Week's Goal:
Weight/ inches: Loose the 2 pounds I gained putting me back at 181 and seeing the 170's before the end of February. I measured in this week, and hoping to loose 2 inches a month, total!

Exercise: Keep focused, 3 videos a week (2 yoga, 1 aerobic/strength) Continue to walk 3/4 a mile daily.

Food: Another vegetarian week, with salads, wraps, and Spanish rice as the focus. Staple food: Black beans and avacados!

Motto: Keep a smile on your face, and avoid the "nots" in life....

1 comment:

Melody said...

You know stress increases cortisol levels and causes you to gain or hold onto tummy weight. So I think you should stop beating yourself up. You didn't do anything wrong, sometimes stress just happens. Like other stuff. =)