Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Healthier Me, Healthier Family: Week 2- Dropping the Ball

How did I do?

This week was not a complete failure, but it wasn't a success either. I managed to loose just 1 pound, Weighing in at 183 pounds. However, to be perfectly honest I did not really try and my coach did not push me too hard either.

The Journey:
Last Monday, I was all Gung Ho about this journey. I got the house cleaned, stuff organized, I should be done, Right? Wrong! This week I learned about maintenance, and that it has to be there.

Well, keeping things organized was hard. By Friday I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and didn't do my walking. Saturday, I celebrated my oldest turning 12 and spent most of my day tasting frosting, eating pizza, and a full slice of cake and icecream. Then to top it off, no walk on Saturday either. Guess I should be proud that I lost 1 pound instead of gaining 5!

I learned this week that if I want to loose 2 pounds a week that I will have to WORK at it. I will have to pay attention to what I eat as well as make sure that I get the exercise in DAILY! I learned that maintaining the daily life style is work and keeping focused and organized is essential.

Goals and Plans:
Weight: Loose 2 or more pounds.

Exercise:
Do a double lap on the road increasing walk from half mile to 3/4 mile and do yoga 2 times this week.

Food:
Watch calories taken in, eat when hungry, eliminate mindless snacking with drinking water.

Motto: You can do this and more. Push your self to the limit so you can SOAR!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You can do it! I will cheer you on. With that said, stay humble, but don't be too hard on yourself when you backslide. Being healthy is the most important thing. Aunt Susie