Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Healthier Me, Healthier Family: Week 1- Letting Go


Have you ever made goals to make a positive change in your life, but then not be willing to make the sacrifices needed to reach that goal because of emotional reasons? This has been my struggle with weight loss throughout the years. I am not a clothes person, but each item in my wardrobe has a story and is hard to get rid of keeping me from getting rid of my "big" pants or hurting my feelings when I have to wear the "skinnier" pants because of the bad story that went with them. So here I am at the beginning of my weight loss adventure again. The baby is born. The time is right, and I FINALLY started off lighter than I started before pregnancy. This is my pre-pregnancy picture, I will try to get a picture for next weeks journey. Yes, I know it is horrible!

The Beginning: Where I am starting
Kohl is now 6 weeks old, I am officially starting my weight loss journey this week. My Monday weigh in was 184 lbs. This starts my journey at 12 lbs lighter than I was pre-pregnancy. The ultimate goal is to be under 150 lbs by the end of December or in a size 10.

This Week's Journey:
Over the weekend, I took the first emotional step to this journey. I tried on every piece of clothing I owned. If it fit right, looked good, and had no story it was kept. If it did not look right, fit, or had a bad story, into the give away bin it went. I even used my husband as the test of look right. Yes, ladies, I asked his honest opinion, then looked closely at him to see how honest he was being! Being nice and saying, "It looks ok." is honest, but not brutally honest. So, I watched his eyes. And I am happy to say in all my old clothes, I have some "eye popping" outfits!

This week I learned, that this healthier me is not just going to be about the food and movement, but also about the ridding myself of the negative.

This Week's Goal:
Journey: Continue to purge as I work on organizing the house. I figure if I can keep the house organized, then maybe my life will be more organized and I will be a little happier.
Food: Vegetarian (mostly): Big meal- Egg Plant Parmesan, without frying the egg plant. Not the healthiest but the majority of the week is salad and items that revolve around black beans and avocado.
Exercise: Walk the drive daily (if raining a 30 minute Netflix work out)
Weight: Down 2 more pounds (182), I want to be 179 by Feb1.


1 comment:

JAMR said...

What great progress you're making! I love that you're putting your journey on your blog, too. You will be an inspiration to others who want to make similar changes in their lives. You're also motivating me to get into my closet. I haven't done so in years, and could make so much more room in there if I tried everything on and got rid of stuff I don't wear any more!
Keep up the great work!