Monday, January 16, 2012

Wayne: A Reflection about a Super Young Man


There is a very special young man in my life. He has been with me longer than anyone else in this family. His birthday was January 14, and I am writing this for him. He has just turned 12 and has brought nothing but joy in my life since the day he was born.

Who is this young man? Well, he is the infant who liked to be held and loved quiet places. He is the supreme artist who started his career at age 2. He is the preschooler who thought deep but struggled to communicate his thoughts. He is the first grader who told me I needed to find a prince and could use his birthday money to buy one at the prince store. He has gone through some radical hair styles to include green mohawks. He is the one person I can count on to try to please me. Mr. Wayne Walker is a smart young man who can always see the best in people and is always caring about others. Even though he has had his struggles, he continues to try.

Through this last year of his life he has managed to handle changes and challenges like a pro. With a change in school environments, he is now soaring with his academics and is learning about life as well.

Although he will always be my baby boy, I cannot wait to see who this young man will grow up to be. I am very proud to say Wayne is my son!

2 comments:

Amanda and Joseph said...

I cannot believe he is 12! Where has the time gone. I remember when he was just a little baby. Happy Belated birthday!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful tribute to your son. He has lessons to teach all of us. One of my favorite posts. Wish him a belated birthday from me. Aunt Susie (with an "s")