Monday, August 1, 2011

School and Summer Fun

We are fortunate to be able to let me stay at home with the kids and find a new found passion for my family and myself. I know this sounds cheesy, but I think in the hustle of trying to be the best at everything, I lost out on what was best in life. I have uploaded the pictures and can safely say, for the last month I have been successful at all that I have tried.

Homeschooling got off to a bang with us starting on the 4th of July! Gasp, I know school on a holiday. But we celebrated the birth of the country with learning about why we celebrate and then making fireworks in a jar! We are breezing through our math book (we started with 4th grade math) and should be ready to start the 5th grade math by the first of the year. Wayne has started his blog and Eve is learning what a scheduled day is.

Along with Wayne blogging and Eve learning a schedule, Wayne is learning responsibility and how to help out in the family, and Eve is learning colors. Both kids are extremely successful at what they are doing! Wayne at times makes the mistake of thinking we are playing school. I expected that. However, he wants to do well and has set the goal for A's and B's.

I
t has not been all work and no play. We have also enjoyed time swimming and partying. We attended one of Eve's friends birthday party for a water fun day! Our neighbor has gotten a pool and we have made a great use of our open invitation. Wayne is a fish in the water and does not want to come out. Eve has no true fear of the water and dives right in. We have to watch her closely because she does not understand the difference between wearing floaties and no floaties.

We have also taken time to pretend and play. Eve loves her dress up clothes and has even more fun when her big brother decides to join in! Wayne and Eve pretended one day to be heading to a tropical beach. It won't be long before we get to go for real, although I don't think Costa Rica has the Hawiaan lays!

Finally, we have also taken the time each evening to swing! Eve has loved learning to swing on her big girl swing, and Wayne loves seeing how high he can fly! The kids enjoy it and I usually get a break for a small part of the day. After they un
wind with a swing, we usually sit and enjoy a story. Then the kids get to go bed. Everyday is an adventure, and everyday we learn something new! I am thoroughly looking forward to the ultimate field trip this month, and next month some serious schooling! I am even going to go to a writing seminar once a month through the library.


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You will never regret time spent with your children. How fortunate you are, I know so few people who find they have been successful in everything they have tried. Hugs, Aunt Susie