Monday, July 18, 2011

The Adventure Begins


For the last 6 years, I have been the teacher to other kids, and spending most of my time and life focusing on their learning. For me, this became quickly a 24- 7 job and left little time for my own family to include my children's education, encouraging their new adventures, and really getting to know them.

With that said, this new adventure has begun and I have to say, I have learned about my own two children than I ever thought I would know. Eve is a very curious young lady who loves to explore with letters, colors, and pattern blocks. She also loves talking to the baby who is coming in November. Wayne is scared of being wrong, so is consistently asking for reassurance. He is learning to ask questions and finding the answers. He has really grown into a love for reading, although he struggles with reading over time. He is constantly seeking ways to be better than he was last time and wants to track his progress.

Homeschooling has begun with a bang. Some of our challenges are scheduling and timing and how to go out and still get things done. We have mastered having fun while exploring, creating fireworks in a bottle, and playing Jenga to gather our attention. Eve has enjoyed picking out what to play with in her learning buckets. Wayne is learning about Earthquakes and Costa Rica as his favorites, and is working on his math skills and reading. He is also hoping to start his own blog, and really loves doing computer work!


No comments: