Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 2 with the kids

I am loving having my children back, but missing my naps! I know this sounds really selfish but there was something to be said about two naps a day, and relaxation. Oh, well, it will be a while before I see that again!

Anyway, the kids are settling into their routines and their expectations. I think Wayne is enjoying the scheduled day with what he has to do laid out for him in an easy check manner. I know Eve is enjoying flipping her chores too. Now if this mama can just get her act together and get her chores done!

We are excited about school starting next week. Wayne is looking at me and saying what are we doing for school today, Mom? already. And Eve is having fun playing with her school toys and getting used to them. She is not quite up to spending 10- 15 minutes with each toy, but the goal is 20 minutes by Christmas!

I am hoping to turn this into our weekly adventure blog, where I reflect on the learning that is happening in the house. This is new to me. I have always worked, and grew up in a house with 2 parents working. I am really looking forward to the success of staying at home, and being responsible for my children's education. I really hope that they are also ready for that adventure!

No comments: