Friday, February 18, 2011

The Trip to the Bank

We have been trying to get to the bank all week. However, with Wayne's after school clubs, and having to run errands on Tuesday, we have missed it every day. So finally, today, we are geared to leave school early, and head to the bank.

Well, as with any Friday, I got caught up talking to my colleagues. I know shame on me for conversing with peers. So, while the plan was to leave early, I was actually leaving very late.

Wayne and I swing in the farmer's market, yet another Friday errand, and get side tracked by all the fresh produce available. After we purchase milk, snap peas, and eggplant, we rush to the car to go get Eve and then head to the bank.

At the babysitters, we run into another snag. Eve is all happy to get out of the house, but is no where near ready to go to the car. She must first go back in the back yard and play. So after chasing a supercharged toddler around the back yard, we load up the car and head to the bank, FINALLY!

At the bank, we enter with checks in hand, account numbers in phone, and the super charged toddler in tow. She quickly releases my hand to explore this new place, while Wayne is hollering at me (mind you I am only two feet away) about how to fill out his deposit slip. As Eve started emptying the toy basket, Wayne placed the amount on his check. He was depositing $10,105. "Look, Mom, I put zeros in the blanks!" I am not quit sure where he thought he was going to get that much, but I instantly got a new slip and taught a small place value lesson to get the right amount on his slip.

Wayne and I went to the counter with all deposit slips filled out. The wonderful lady, gave Wayne his money to deposit after she was finished with my transaction. I left Wayne at the counter to help Eve clean up the calamity that she had made in the bank, when the lady told Wayne it was his turn. Wayne handed her the deposit slip and just stared at her. The money was still being held tightly in his hand. The lady asked him for the money, and he handed her one of the bills. I reminded him from across the room that he needed to give her all of his money, and he looked at me and then slowly relinquished the money to the baker.

The ladies behind the counter were laughing at my darling children and thought they were just adorable. I, on the other hand, left the bank worn out. Why is it when you mix kids into life, you get an instant comedy?

2 comments:

Melow said...

I think I'll have Wayne make some deposits into my account. It could use his financial touch.

The Big M said...

Melow, the only problem with his deposit methods is they actually expect the money! So, unfortunately it would not work.