Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Greatest Adventure of All...

I am by far the last person to get philosophical; however, over the last couple of weeks, I would like to think I have become wiser to the world around me. I think that with kids should come a sense of humor. Because when the salsa hits the fan (or the other family members), you will have to decide whether to laugh, cry or throw a fit. Luckily for me, I was on the viewing side of events instead of the splashing side. But I have been in the splash zone as well.

Ok, now many of you are wondering what I am talking about. I also understand if you think I have lost my mind. But in our house it is always and adventure and you never know when the next "disaster" will strike. After all we do have a toddler running around like she is a grown woman and an 11 year old who at one minute acts five and the other 80. I pr0omise I will share the salsa moment in this ramble of life.

This week I had the fortunate pleasure of staying home one extra day over the weekend. Thank you old dead presidents! In our extra day, the kids and I baked muffins, watched a movie oh and cleaned up 1000 Popsicle sticks 5 times. Thanks to the aforementioned toddler. We also had lots of fun planting our starter garden which like the children in our home are growing into to nice healthy seedlings.

Throughout the week, we had great family time. However, on Wednesday, my body went into hibernation mode and daddy got to take over the fun. I loved being able to hear him and the kids play while I got some much needed rest. Back on our feet and Mom feeling better, last night we went to one of our new favorite restaurants, Acapulcos. We were dining and having a good conversation, while Eve was getting used to her booster seat (a new big girl step). Eve stood up to get more chips, and pushed the menu across the table bumping the chips into the salsa and the salsa onto Wayne. "And that's what" gave Wayne a salsa bath! Now, mind you the girls are on one side and the boys on another. So, Morvin was in the splash zone and trying to save himself grabbed the falling bowl making it fully splash Wayne with Salsa. The poor boy had it all over. We managed to get through dinner with out too many other messes. All survived and from my point of view it was hilarious.

As with the salsa shower, life brings about some funny and emotional times. This morning, Eve has decided that she is officially ready to potty train. This is a bitter sweet moment. As a mom, I am slightly sad that this is the last phase of my baby girl being a baby. However, I am also very excited for her. She is growing up to be a delightfully stubborn young lady. The sound of a little voice saying "I potty mommy!" as she runs to the bathroom was a bitter sweet moment. She is officially on the path of being a super big girl.

The more time I spend with my two young children, the more I cannot wait for the next adventure with these two tour guides. Taking time to see life through their eyes has opened my eyes and heart to the greater things in life and have allowed me to take time to enjoy the rain and the flowers. Spring is coming fast and the beginning of new life. Our family is also "growing" and looking forward to the changes bringing us a new life style.

No comments: