Saturday, February 12, 2011

The First Week of Mostly Veggies....

As you all know, we have decided to try to balance our diet! This meant getting my meats down to 5 ounces a day! I usually eat 5 ounces a meal!!! It also meant that both Wayne and Morvin needed to be on a 3000 calorie a day diet. While I only need 1500 calories (Just 500 more calories than Eve).

It has gotten off to a bumpy start with daily prep of veggies and fruits for lunches, but we have managed to cut back our meats and add to our veggies. We even had to go back to the grocery store to buy even more vegetables in the middle of the week.

My biggest changes are the 3 cups of fruits and vegetables that I have been getting a day, and the fact that I no longer drink sweet tea, it has been a water only diet for me. Eve's biggest changes has been a whole food diet with out any chemicals and having to get used to eating different than her friends. Wayne's biggest change is having more food in his lunches and a healthy after school snack.

I will create a recipe page soon and add our favorite recipe from this week! It is our breakfast casserole with veggies added!

The pros to these changes are more energy, better sleep and filling up faster!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start. You will get used to it. I promise!