Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:7 Selfless

Selfless is an interesting word. It is a word that allowed me to loose myself in my first marriage and then led me to be selfish. I think all mommy's at one time or another are selfless. IF they have a supportive spouse then it is more natural and allows them to still be whole, however, in my case with my first husband, his selfishness made my selflessness kill the person who I was inside.

Which brings me to my point: I am working hard to overcome being selfish! I have a wonderful husband who is the selfless parent. He caters to my needs and even my wants as well as the kids. To say he is a perfect man would be a lie, because he has his flaws, but he is the perfect man for me. He is probably the best daddy ever, starting from pushing the oldest to do things uncomfortable and hard instead of giving up, to wakin up in the middle of the night to change diapers and letting our little girl help in the shop. He is caring and devoted to his friends and family, and has even slowed down on the adventures so his family can keep up!

When I think of selfless, I think of my best friend, my husband, and the Daddy to all my children! He is also the hero of our house and who we all strive to be more like!

No comments: