Saturday, March 26, 2011

Changes...

As I think back over the last 11 years at what family meant to me when I was first starting to become an adult and have a family of my own, and what it means to me now, I begin to wonder. I wonder if I was really that stupid, or if it was because my parents at the time were that stupid that I had no choice but to be stupid too. No offense, Mom, I am sure I will experience my teenagers thinking I am completely ignorant as well.

However, now at the ripe old age of 32 (my elders can laugh now). I have been enlightened as to what family mean
s. I have also been come to realize that if I am working all the time, then someone else is watching my family grow and I am missing it! With this said, I have turned in my resignation, and have decided that it is time once again to put my family first. For those of you who know me well, this will not be an easy task. (I hate what "house wife" means.) However, starting in June, I will be a wife first, and a mother first again. Everything else will become second.


With my new found wisdom, I have also experienced some bitter sweet moments. Our Youngest has decided that it is the time in her life that she becomes a big girl. She has potty trained herself. She now runs to the bathroom past who ever might hear while screaming, "I potty now!" Along with being a big girl and using the potty, she has also put herself to sleep in her big girl bed.

Since she is basically growing up on her own, we decide
d that today was the day to make her room a big girl room. So we gathered all of her toys from the various places they are strung out all over the house and decided make her room a little girls room. The crib came out and all baby type items. The toys were carefully put away, and then we began to celebrate.

Oh but wait, there is more... like any good family, we made sure her books went too. We found a place that would be friendly and fun. Used some mats from Uncle Shawn and baskets from Aunt DeeDee and made our own little reading nook. Here she can lay and read to her favorite baby. The fun has finally begun.

When giving credit where credit is due, we also have to thank Uncle Anthony for the trip to Costa Rica last year. This is where we found numerous cloths for very cheap that have an infinite number of uses. They have been bathing suit wraps, blankets, curtains for the car, a sarong, changing table, seat belts for horses and Harleys. That is just to name a few. Today their newest job is a baby doll hammock to keep the babies and stuffed animals put away neatly.

As we sit and give thanks to all that we have new, we await patiently for the next adventure to appear. We have no clue what is waiting for us next. But as always we will accept it with open arms.

No comments: