Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bitter Sweet Moments


Wow! I do not even know where to start with in the whirl wind of emotions that I feel tonight. My house smells like my great Aunt Mary's house Thanksgiving morning, and my baby is growing up too fast.

Morvin and I found a little supermercado near the house and have found the closest thing to Aunt Mary's chorrizo ever. We have decided to use it and add it to our breakfast casserole tonight. With the smell of the chorrizo cooking, my mind starting wondering to running through Aunt Mary's house on Thanksgiving morning to get some tea cookies off the back patio. You can hear men speaking Spanish over a competitive game of dominoes as you listen to the women sound like hens clucking as they spoke quick Spanish over the oven. Aunt Mary was always moving in this busy kitchen and if she wasn't stirring or cutting, she was sweeping.

Then to top it off before we started cooking, Eve protested her crib and insisted on her "big girl" bed. We have had a full size bed in her room for guests since she was born. Tonight she refused to sleep in her crib. Instead wanted to sleep in the big bed in her room. So, we made it, and tucked her in. After cooking the chorrizo, I went to check on her and there she was cuddled all up with her dolly and sleeping tight. I am super proud of her for growing up into such a brave girl. However, I am mourning the loss of my baby. It seems as though she was her yesterday and gone today!

I know that each day brings a new adventure. May tomorrow bring a calm adventure with out too many more big girl changes! I do love the self sufficient mind that Eve has.

No comments: