Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And the Thunder Rolls!

Tonight Eve heard the thunder as it started to rumble in a storm. She immediately stuck out her bottom lip and said, "Daddy, no boom! No Boom, Daddy!" Morvin not knowing what she said looked at me. When I asked her if she heard a boom, she said, "Boom scary me!" Meanwhile, her bottom lip was so far out that Morvin and I couldn't help but laugh. I explained to her the thunder was just telling the garden that water was coming.

So after her shower, we sat and looked at the clouds and talked about thunder "scary boom" and how it lets the plants know they are going to get water. I know it is not necessarily the most scientifically sound information but it is a good start to cloud recognition and rain in thunderstorms. Hopefully, it will make the "booms" less scary!

No comments: