Friday, January 28, 2011

RSV

This week Eve has been battling RSV. This is a horrible cold that makes it really tough for little ones to breath. From this experience, we have learned that albuterol is not a cure all, Eve likes "pretty hair" and snuggle times in the mornings are the best.

Sunday the Doctor put Eve on Albuterol and it appears that from Sunday on, she only went down hill from there. Monday, breathing got worse and fever started to spike, by Tuesday we had a temperature of 104.5 and an ear infection. The brand new doctor with our pediatric group sent her to the hospital to be admitted. So, a really bad cold, AKA RSV, has turned into a really expensive cold! After an ambulance ride, Eve and I chilled at the hospital Tuesday night, and were released Wednesday finding that she was on the down hill path from this ick. She is still contagious to at risk kids "new babies and really old people" for about 2 weeks. She will be coughing for a while.

However, yesterday, Evesaw me braid my hair and have pretty hair. Since then she has asked to have pretty hair and will sit still until I get two french braids done. I guess in all the mother daughter bonding, she has turned into a priss. I am however, very thankful that I have a little girl on my hands and not a baby girl or it could be alot worse.

The most important lesson RSV has taught us is once the guys are gone from the house, the best thing to do is lay down in bed and cuddle for a good nap! She was quite upset this morning when everyone was up. But shortly after Dad and Wayne left for their jobs (school and work) she looked at me and said, "Mommy bed!" I quickly took her cue and went to cuddle one last time before having to head back to work myself.

I am very thankful that this was not the worst it could be and that God was watching over us enough to help her gather enough strength to pull through like a little champion. However, I am even more regretful that I have to return to work and miss out on the fun with my little girl!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I am glad all is well. Hold her close and enjoy your time. Hugs, Aunt Susie